Head congestion for 4 days, watery runny nose, headache, cough
More likely to be cold or allergic rhinitis
Welcome and thanks for your query.
Since your Nasal discharge is watery and not thick or yellow , you are likely to have a cold or allergic rhinitis. Azithromycin would work in a bacterial infection like sinusitis but will not be of use in allergic rhinitis or cold.
You need to take an antihistamine and nasal decongestant. Both are available together as in Clarinase and can be taken twice a day. These would be helpful to give you symptomatic relief.
Afrin may be used twice a day for a few days. Frequent use can lead to rebound nasal congestion.
If you develop pain in the cheek area, fever or yellow sputum, then it is suggestive of sinusitis and you would need an antibiotic.
Do get back to me if you have further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can hepatitis C be cured?
- Does tonsillitis cause systemic infection or UTI?
- Suggest treatment for liver cirrhosis
- What causes pain in right side and pain radiating to lower back?
- What causes sharp pain in rib cage below shoulder blade?
- What causes rhythmic contraction of the diaphragm?
- What is the treatment for radiculopathy?
- Is Zentel to be taken before or after a meal?
- What causes pain in upper abdomen radiating to left side?
- How long Lupron injections need to be continued for prostate cancer?