Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Head-butted at ridge of nose. Having pain and headache. Should I see doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 2551 Questions
I was head-butted at the ridge of my nose three days ago. I still have pain and a headache, should I see a doctor?
Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 30 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. You should see a doctor to get a nasal X-ray to rule out a fracture of the nasal bones. It may be minor, but this would cause the pain to persist.

2. Such pain and headache is common for a few days, however it may be controlled by medication. Do you have nay nasal deviation or swelling? Did you have nay bleeding from the nose or mouth after this incident?

3. You may apply local heat fomentation to help the healing process.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor