Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Hbsag is positive. What can I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1649 Questions
hi doctor my hbsag is positivebut i need it negative as soon as possible wat can i do
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
repeat test. cannot turn to negative. monitor

Detailed Answer:
Hi. Thanks for using XXXXXXX

Since you got HBsAg positive, you can recheck for it in different lab. Once positive you can't change it to negative.

If your repeat test also comes as positive then you should look for HBV dna quantitative test and liver function tests. These test are required to look for the status of virus and its any effect on liver.
In 95% of people with positive HBsAg, virus remains in silent phase but in remaining 5% this may progress to effect on liver. And hence monitoring of your values are required once in every 6 months.

Hope this answered your query and helped you to maintain good health. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor