Haziness in the image of a kidney on an ultrasound report. Meaning?

Dr. Ganesh Sanap

Radiologist

Posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: what is the meaning of haziness in the image of a kidney on an ultrasound report?
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

There is usually fat in the center of kidney known as medullary fat and outer part is slightly blackish. If outer part has increased fat then the then it looks hazy.

Similar condition can be seen in renal diseases like renal parenchymal disease, in which serum creatinine and blood urea will increase.

Your blood and urine reports are normal so you need not to worry.USG report is just a normal variant. In addition, few drops of blood may be a transient event. No further evaluation is needed.

Hope you have got answer for your query. Do let me know if you have more concerns.

Thanking you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E