Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Having yellowish coloured urine for a long time. Is there anything wrong?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 527 Questions
Good day Doc
i am 27 yrs of age, long ago i have been having yellowish urine, sometimes colorless, but more often i am used to having yellowish urine, pls doc, is there anything wrong with me? having a yellowish urine, is it a symptom of fever in my body? i need your help
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 33 minutes later
if you have been having yellowish coloured urine for a fairly long time, it is unlikely to be a serious issue, but just to confirm that things are indeed normal, it would not be a bad idea to get a few basic tests done to evaluate kidney function. These include 1) a complete urine analysis 2) Serum Creatinine - a blood test to assess if kidney is excreting the waste products as it should 3) an ultrasound examination of kidneys.
Most likely, you will need to improve your fluid intake - an intake of about a glass of water of 250 ml every hour when you are awake should be sufficient for your urine to clear. On rare occasions, urinary infections and other causes can also cause your urine to become darker, but if you have no fever or pain in your abdomen, it is unlikely that you will be harbouring either of these. Anyway, the simple tests I mentioned earlier should be able to give us a fairly good idea of what is happening. We can take it from there.
Hope I have been able to help you. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having yellowish coloured urine for a long time. Is there anything wrong? 31 hours later
Thanks Doctor, will carry out the test to confirm after that would get back to you. thanks Dr..
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 1 hour later
You are welcome. Let me know the progress.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor