Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Having whitish smelly discharge during sex. Comes with tiny particles. What could it be? Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1279 Questions
I noticed a whitish smelly discharge during sex and sometimes it reflects on my pant liner,most times it's whitish but sometimes it's cream, and it always comes with some tiny particles,kindly advice on what it could be and also the treatment .
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Candidiasis or any cervical lesion.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

It could be just a cervical infection or any lesion on the cervix or any growth on the cervix, its very difficult to come to a conclusion without examining you. You need a per speculum examination to see if there is any problem with cervix and to take PAP smear, also the discharge can be sent for microscopy to confirm the type of infection.

Most of the times it could be just CANDIDIAL INFECTION , but we should keep other possibilities in mind. If there is infection we usually give doxycycline antibiotics orally and vaginal clotrimazole -clindamycin combination vaginal antibiotics.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor