Having warmth feeling on foot and heel. Should I be worried?

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: For the past week I have been getting periodic feelings of warmth in my right foot, usually the bottom of my heel or the lower part of my arch. It gets warm for a few seconds, like I stepped in a warm puddle, and then goes away after a few seconds. Is this something I should be alarmed about?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows . Detailed Answer: Dear Madam , Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that whatever history you are giving is not very specific and we will not be able to help you out with diagnosis but still we can discuss the possibilities . Sometimes in hyperthyroidism also people have an increased tendency of feeling warmth . So it can be that . If it continues then possibilities like peripheral neuropathy and autonomic dysfunction ledaing to temperature disturbances needs to be considered. For this you will need to seek a consulatation from a neurologist but as if now you can wait and watch for the symptoms . Take care. Dr. Shruti