Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Having vision problem and wearing glasses. Need advise

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
this is a vision problem.I really am not sure what you are saying but, the problem I am facing? Isn't that obvious? My vision is compromised and I do not want this to progress to a condition that cannot be corrected that is why I inquired in the first place. I am not diabetic I do not have headaches Yes, I wear glasses Your reply begs to ask the question if you read my inquiry? I have a lot of questions but you have replied nothing that I can respond to, please advise.
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need an immediate correction to avoid complication Detailed Answer: Hi, As I read your query you have a complex medical history with depression and high blood pressure and suffered a head injury as well. You also have chronic ailments like imbalance, chronic pneumonia. Now you have new problem that is you have blurred vision. You fear that you will soon lose complete vision and cannot be treated. First let me assure you that with the present technology available we can correct most vision problems. Since you are not diabetic there is a high chance that your vision problem can be corrected. The most probable reason for your vision problem could be 1) uncontrolled blood pressure. You should first control it with regular medication 2) Since you had sustained head injuries previously, did the doctor ever say that your vision would be affected soon?? 3) Is that you are not able to balance after your head injury? Do you have the MRI scan or the reports after the injuries? That will help me understand the problem better. If you have poor vision you obviously will not be able to walk and tend to fall frequently and suffer more head injuries. 4) You might have a cataract (opacification of the lens in the eye) that needs to be corrected with a simple procedure that is less than 10 minutes. So I suggest the immediate need is to see an Ophthalmologist to check at the back of the eye that is the retina. The optic nerves and the lens. So I see an immediate need to consult the eye surgeon to prevent any form of complications to your eye. If you see now the eye surgeon can manage it effectively. I am still be available to answer all your queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor