Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Having varicos on leg. Looking for treatment

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
I am having Varicos on my right leg, I need to check with doctor for treatment.
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 56 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.

Varicose veins are treated with lifestyle changes and medical treatments. These can:
Relieve symptoms
Prevent complications
Improve appearance

Your doctor may recommend lifestyle changes if your varicose veins don’t cause many symptoms. If symptoms are more severe, your doctor may recommend medical treatments. Some treatment options include:

Compression stockings- put helpful pressure on your veins.

Sclerotherapy- is the most common treatment for both spider veins and varicose veins. The doctor uses a needle to inject a liquid chemical into the vein. The chemical causes the vein walls to swell, stick together, and seal shut.

Surface laser treatments- In some cases, laser treatments can effectively treat spider veins and smaller varicose veins. This technique sends very strong bursts of light through the skin onto the vein.

Surgical options- Surgical ligation and stripping.
PIN stripping
Ambulatory phlebectomy.

So I suggest you discuss these treatment options with your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any more concerns

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wishing you good health....
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor