Having Vaginal Itching Very Frequently.
Thanks for the query to our panel.,
The fact that you have vaginal itching frequently in spite of the treatment being offered to you by your doctor indicates that either the treatment is inadequate or you are having a relapse each time. The most common cause of vaginal itching is vaginal candidiasis or fungal infection and the common causes for one getting a vaginal fungal infection are:_
1. poor local hygiene especially during menstrual days when you do not change your pads every 4 hrly.
2. Use of chemical soaps or shower/ fragrant gels for cleaning vaginal area.
3. infection transmitted by your partner post intercourse indicating that your partner may be infected.
So, presently if you are not menstruating and have itching, often accompanied by thick curdy white vaginal discharge +/- foul smelling then you need to be placed on combined antifungal and antibiotic vaginal pessaries to be used for a week and also start using alkaline vaginal washes like v-wash or inti-wash for cleaning your vagina locally. Keep the local area dry as much as possible.
Also if symptoms recur post intercourse then get your partner evaluated.
Please take the following meds:-
1. CLINGEN VAGINAL PESSARY X PER VAGINUM X EACH NIGHT X 7 DAYS.
2. TAB ITRACONAZOLE 200mg x 0-1-0 x 5 days.
3. V-WASH( alkaline vaginal wash x per vaginum x twicea. day x 10 days. ( after 10 days switch to plain water)
I hope this would help,
Wishing you good health,