Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Having ugly posture. Suggest the suitable way to correct the posture and get a slim figure?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
i have XXXXXXX shaped body with ugly posture.i wanna correct my posture and get a slim figure.what should i follow
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 31 minutes later
Dear Madam,

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem , you are probably suffering from metabolic syndrome . It is very difficult to lose weight in this condition but consistent effort is the source for weight reduction .

One thing that needs to be determined is that if you have insulin resistance or not . I would suggest you to see an endocrinologist for this evaluation and to rule out PCOD which is common in young girls having such problems.

Regarding weight loss first your BMI needs to be calculated . I advise you to incorporate Yoga and aerobic exercises in your schedule . You have to create a deficit of 3500 Kcal to lose 1 Kg of weight so diet restriction is very important . Consult a nutritionist for a diet according to your body type . Plus XXXXXXX shaped body is a risk factor for many diseases .

Hope it suffices.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor