Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Having trouble focusing, completing tasks, and remembering things. Tried strattera. Suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6135 Questions
I work in retail and am having trouble focusing, completing tasks, and remembering some things i need to complete. I have tried strattera and it has not helped. Can i get a consultation online and a prescription?
Posted Mon, 8 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 30 days later
Hi XXXXXXX and thank you so much for this query.

I am Dr. Ditah and feel honored to provide an answer to your health question.
I understand how frustrating it sounds being unable to concentrate and get your tasks completed. I am so sorry to hear about this.

I think it is more of an organisational problem than attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Does this happens only at your job site or every where even at home? Are there any other symptoms you have not mentioned to us?

Before getting to medications, I will suggest that you get your daily tasks and schedule well written out on a paper. Try to stick to it and make sure you complete one task before starting another. Breakdown each task into various steps and tick the as you progressively get it done. Stick to one and avoid being distracted. If you must leave for urgent purposes/services, them make sure you return immediately the pressing task has been completed. Try and ask your colleagues to remind you of stuffs you think you might forget easily so that you can always return and get the completed.

Can you consult online? No. This is because seeing you during a consultation like this is very important. We should be able to see how you listen, do you get easily distracted, do you look stressed, etc., alongside many other behavioural patterns that are not possible to get through XXXXXXX or phones.

Can you get a prescription online? NO. This is because doctors prescribe and follow up the response to treatment and side effects to make adequate adjustments. It is impossible to do that through this medium. I know you tried strattera before but I will like to suggest that you always consult a doctor before starting drugs like this.

I am sorry for being unable to offer a proper consultation or prescribe any medications to you on this forum because of the reasons I have mentioned above. I will suggest you consult your primary care doctor who will start, organise and coordinate your care if he need expertise input.

I hope this answers your query. I hope you find it useful.
I hope you get his sorted out as son as possible.
Wish you good health.
Dr. Ditah, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor