Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Having trouble balancing. Cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9400 Questions
Hi there my dad. Has loss of ballence. He is haveing trouble ballencing himself just came on suddenly
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 17 days later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

A problem with balance is called vertigo. Vertigo can be caused due to various reasons, let me explain these for you:
-Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV): This is the most common cause of vertigo
-Inflammation in the ear (eg. labyrrinthitis)
-Infections of the ear (bacterial or viral)
-Meniere's disease
-Acoustic neuroma
-Head injuries (is an emergency situation)
-Migraines (a type of headache)
-Multiple sclerosis

I request you to take your doctor to a neurologist, who will have to physically examine your father and will surely be able to diagnose him. Do not worry, I am sure he will be fine soon. Especially once the doctor has diagnosed him.

Please understand that vertigo can be quite frustrating as it interferes with all activities, and so we will have to help your father get rid of it at the earliest.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor