Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Having tooth pain, abdominal pain and blood clot in ureter. Should I go for maxillofacial?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 393 Questions
Took fosmax for extend time stopped 8 yrs ago. Had a left molar removed two years ago & have had pain in the jaw ever since. Had a ct scan & it show bone changes. However they said not osteonecrosis but I should get a MRI. I have had my neck fused from C 3-6. The last time with 14 scews and metal bars.So I do not know if MRI is possible. With three teeth missing, now that the bridge connected with: I had a unsuccessful bone graft to fill the socket This past dec I had a stem cell placed in the space with hopes of having some implants, because my jaw bone was thin. Two months later I have gland, face swelling up to my ear.with facial and lip numbness. I now have shortness of breath, rt flank pain that goes around to the front on the rt side . Having just had a ct scan of lower abdomin I found I have a blood clot in my rt ureter. When I eat I feel as though my abdomin is very full. Is all this connected and what could be the cause.Should I go to a maxi facial dr., dentist or what ?

Posted Sat, 16 Mar 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 7 hours later

Thanks for writing to us,

I would like to inform you that all your complaints are not related except for the lower abdomen pain and the ureter. You may need to see more than one specialist for a complete treatment.

1. The bone related conditions require attention from an orthopedic.
2. The swelling around the ear with numbness may be related to parotid gland. A surgeon can be able to address this better.
3. Since their is a blood clot in the ureter you will need to see a urologist.
4. Teeth, jaw, implants or any mouth related conditions will be dealt by a dentist.

If consulting all the specialist is a hard task, I would suggest you to visit a board certified internist. He/she can perform a detailed clinical examination and classify the symptoms based on the severity and refer you to the relevant experts based on priority.

In the meanwhile, I will recommend you to drink plenty of water and take vitamin b12 and calcium supplements.

Hope I have been informative. If you have any further queries feel free to write back.

Good luck!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor