Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Having tooth ache as broke a part of molar. Suggest pain killer as pain is too much?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
I am having tooth ache, as I broke a part of my molar some time ago, could you please lert me know some pain killer for the time being as the pain is too much
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Do apply DOLOGEL over the affected tooth.

DOLOGEL contains anaesthetic and provides instant relief from pain. If the pain is too severe then you can take Tab Motrin 400 mg twice daily after food, for not more than 2 days.

If there is a cavity created then it is better for you to visit a dentist to get a root canal treatment done.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor