Having testicular pain while passing stool. Testis was stitched to scrotum sack to prevent torsion. Having pain. Medication?

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Testicle Problems
Question: Hello,
I have testicular pain... When I go to the toilet to stool... Doc said it was testicular torsion... And varicocele.. So I had a surgery for varicocele and for torsion.. The Testis were stitched to scrotum sack to prevent torstion ... But still after surgery am still have the same pain... What could be the problem... It's six months now... Since after surgery . And also.. The pain.. Is more prominent.. If I don't have sex for a long time and I go to stool.. But if I masturbate or have sex like every two days... And I go to stool.. The testicular pain doesnt happen. But if I don't have sex or masturbate for more than too days the pain occurs when I go to stool... Or when I hold stool for a long time ..
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pain can be due to pressure effect

Detailed Answer:
Hi
During varicocele surgery,the veins will be ligated abd divided.In that process,if the surrounding nerves are cut, then you will have pain.
In testicular fixation of torsion,sutures will be applied.so,pain can be due to reaction of sutures.
If you do not do sex for longtime,the collected semen will cause pressure effect and may lead to pain unless released.
If you do not pass stools,the pressure in the rectum will stimulate the nerves which also supply some structures in the scrotum leading to pain.
I prescribe antiinflammatory drug to my patients with similar complaints.
Get a colour doppler of the scrotum for any residual disease.
Wish you good health
Follow up: Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 6 hours later
thank you for replying... i just want to add that the period which i dnt have sex is just 2 or 3 days before the pains starts again... so am i suppose to be having sex every 2 or 3 days..? is that not too excessive,,,

and also when i was growing up. i masturbated a alot... starting from age 9 till 22.. i masturbated excessivly sometimes to the point of pelvic pains and aches..
i dnt knw if what am suffering from is as a result of my over masturbation past behaviour...
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Having sex in 2-3 days is not excess

Detailed Answer:
Hi
The cause of varicocele and testicular torsion are not known.
Having sex oncw in 2-3 days is natural.
You can have sex daily.
Excess masturbation does not harm you.
Do not worry
Get a colour doppler scrotum.
Wish you good health