Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Having terrible overheating problem. What cure and treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 442 Questions
Hello, I have a terrible overheating problem.
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 3 hours later
Thanks for your query.

Overheating is a serious problem. Actually, If you get too hot too fast, your body can't move quick enough to cool itself and if you continue the action that's causing the excessive heat production you can overheat, have a heat exhaustion, heat cramps, heat syncope, and heat rash and heat stroke.

When you overheat it affects your whole body, causing difficulty breathing, accelerated heartbeat, dizziness, vomiting and extreme dehydration.

There are some disorders which can produce overheating-like hyperthyroidism, liver disorder, fabry’s disease, antipsychotic drug intake etc.

Some blood teat to be done to differentiate those conditions-thyroid profile test, liver function test, complete blood count etc. but this investigation to be done by the opinion of your treating physician.

Please follow this homemade remedies to prevent overheating-

1.     Moving the individual out of the hot environment.
2.     Implementing cooling measures as needed.
3.     Increasing fluid intake.
4.     Wearing appropriate clothing and sunscreen.
5.     Try to remain yourself remaining in a cool environment in majority of day times.
6.     Take appropriate medical supervision if you have any disease listed above.

Consult with your physician about further opinion.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor