Having swollen tender breasts, headaches, dizzy and back pain. Should go for pregnancy test?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Sun, 8 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: I'm two days late for my period, my husband and I have been trying to conceive. I'm feeling cramps and discharge but every time I go to the bathroom to check but no period. My last period was oct 20,2013. My cycles last 23-25 days. I dont want to get mine and my hubbies hopes up for disappointment, we went and bought the test but im scared if its too early and will give a false result. Other symptoms ive been having are swollen tender breasts, headaches, dizzy, back pain and the begining of the week all i wanted to do was rest but now i can even sleep......any advise?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Wait some more days before taking the test... Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your strong desire to become parent, but you need more time. The symptoms you are experience now are also symptoms of pre-menstrual syndrome. So, wait until 10 days after your due date, approximately until 30 November. If no period, can take pregnancy test. This is not to have a false result. All the best! Dr.Sejdini, p.s. If you have more questions, feel free to ask me at the next follow up.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D