Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Having swollen eyes after intercourse. Area around eyes is puffed up vigorously. What could be the cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions

I'm a 36 year old woman. I've experienced extreme swollen eyes after having intercourse with a new partner. I did not experience an orgasm either of the time. We've had intercourse 2 times and each time my eyes, especially the area under my eyes, puffed up vigorously. Do you know what may cause this? I've never experienced it in the past.
Many thanks
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

It appears that probably you are having allergy to soke aspect of your partner.It can be anything right from the cream that he applies to the detergent he uses for washing uis clothes. This allergy causes venous congestion and swelling below the eyes.
You can take cetrizine during such periods to reduce the swelling. Its difficult to prevent it unless you identify the specific allergen and ask him to kee away from it.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor