Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Having subcutaneous edema about the ankle joint. Do I need surgery?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
I have a sprain of the deltoid complex without complete disruption. Also sprain of lateral ligament a full thickness disruption. Tenosynovitis involving the flexor hallucis longus tendon. Subcutaneous edema about the ankle joint. Do I need surgery?
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Surgical repair is not necessary Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. If there is partial tear of deltoid complex, surgical repair is not necessary. If the patient is athlete or high demand and ankle is unstable, then surgery is recommended. In your case , it doesn't looks like that you need surgery. Your injury can be treated by stirrup brace or boot immobilization with early functional rehabilitation. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care Warm Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor