Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Having strange taste and sort of numbness in mouth. What could this be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1109 Questions
I have had a strange taste in my mouth for a few days and sort of a numbness to it what could this be?
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 5 hours later
Strange taste in mouth just for few days without any history of trauma or surgery could be because of some food or reflux i.e. acidity.
But numbness should not be there.
You must consult an ENT specialist and get yourself examined for facial nerve.
Get your ears examined.
If this numbness persists for long then you may need to get done CT scan, to rule out any mass inside pressing over the nerve.
Also important is that you do not have nasal disease and if feels like having nasal blockage then need to get treated and if required, after examining you, CT scan can be advised.
I am stressing over a scan because there could be a lesion which is presenting with such numbness and loss of taste sensation so you get yourself examined, and if required you can discuss with us.

Get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor