Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

127 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Having stomach problems. Had jaundice. Suggest any liver tonic

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
I am having stomach problems since last 2 yrs, I have visited doctor 4-5 times in last 2 yrs complaining about stomach pain & digestion.
It was diagnosed everytime that due to stomach infection the same has happened.

I suffered from Jaundice 4-5 yrs back is it because of that only the problem is coming. Do you suggest any kind of liver tonic or anything which helps in avoiding stomach infection
Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later

Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, stomach problems may occur due to chronic hyperacidity, H pylori infection, indigestion. But liver problem as such cannot cause stomach problem directly. But, liver problem leads to indigestion which may lead to such symptoms.

But, in our life, sometimes stress can also lead to hyperacidity and may lead to these symptoms. Sometimes, food habit may also lead to this situation. If the gap between two meals is very high then also you can face this problem.

So, you should be treated to control chronic hyperacidity and indigestion.

You have to do the followings.
1.     Take balanced nutritious diet. Avoid fast foods, alcohol. Try to take food every 2 hourly.
2.     Do some yoga to get relieved from stress.
3.     Take lansoprazole group of drug every day in empty stomach before breakfast. You can continue it upto 3 months.
4.     Take an enzyme group of syrup 30 minutes before meals.
5.     Do a liver function test. If any abnormality detected in that, you can take a liver protecting tonic containing tricholine citrate and sorbitol.
6.     You can avoid stomach infection by not taking the outside foods.
7.     If you experience any type of loose motion and other features of infection, you should consult with your treating doctor for prescribing antibiotics like ciprofloxacin and ornidazole combination.

For a detailed prescription, you need to visit your family physician.

If you do not get any relief even after taking the medicines mentioned above, you can also visit a gastroenterologist for a thorough clinical examination, for ordering any special investigation if required and also for further management.

Hope the information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist