Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Having stomach ache, slight fever, body pain and constipation. What cure and treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 442 Questions
having stomach ache,not feeling urge to eat,slight fever,body pain,motions is not clear..means i feel like going to toilet but then nothing comes out.
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 1 hour later

Thanks for posting query.

Your symptoms cluster of stomachaches, anorexia, slight fever and constipation mostly suggest sub acute intestinal tract obstruction.

Secondly, dyspepsia with constipation gives rise to G.I tract infection and can give rise to symptoms like that.

Colitis is a possibility too.

Please do an urgent straight X-ray upper abdomen to rule out intestinal tract obstruction. So please visit your physician or any hospital emergency as soon as possible and get the imaging done to exclude intestinal tract obstruction.

If obstruction rule out and you have normal straight X-ray abdomen then you need to carry some blood routine investigations (like routine hemogram to rule out infection, a USG whole abdomen (to detect any pathology in the abdomen).

You can take a PPI (Like omeprazole), a fluroquinolone antibiotic (available on prescription by a doctor), plenty of water (at least 4-5 liters/day), plenty of vegetables, a laxative at night.
Investigations to be done and medicines to be taken based on your physician advice.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.

If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion, rate the answer, and please write a review.

Wish you good health.

Dr Sourav Ganguly

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor