Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Having spots under toe. Painful to walk. How to heal this and get cured?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
I have a spot under my big toe where it looks like skin has just bunched up to form a bump. I have picked at it and now it has stayed open for weeks and is still painful to walk on. Any idea on how to heal this and let the skin go down?
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 35 minutes later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX
Most probably, it had been a corn or a callosity which best fits your description.
It is thickened akin due to repeated pressure n that area.
Since it is usually XXXXXXX it takes time to heal.
There is no specific medicine but general measures are helpful to hasten the healing process.
1. Keep the area clean and dry.
2. Pls keep it covered during walk to prevent contamination by bacteria.
3. Kindly apply antibiotic ointment if it very painful or appears red to eradicate the infection.
If u can upload a photo, it would be great.
Get well soon, regards
Surgeon and urologist.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor