Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Having spots on penis top and peeling skin. Could it be lichen planus? Suggest some treatment

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 304 Questions
hello , I'm having some spots on the penis top which is having peeling skin like flakes with no etching, and its not curing since two months , its just keep generating dead skin , could that be lichen planus , if yes what kind of treatment can be used ?
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later
Dear Patient,
Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
the spots shown in the photgraphs are red iin color with slight scaling and raised border, these are suggestive of tinea infection which is quite common . Lichen planus shows ulcers and erosions at glans and is itchy and painful condition.
Tinea also is itchy but on glans can be non itchy.
A course of antifungal - oral and topical should suffice the condition.
You must visit a dermatologist in person for a check up and prescription of the antifungal course.


Dr.Rohit Batra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor