Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Having speech problems after an accident. CT scan shows meningioma. Need suggestion

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1462 Questions
Hi I have 7 weeks ago very big car accident .The air bags blow up ,even the blelt make me many bruses. Next day I star to have problem with speeach . I'm mix up the words ,like I was thinking I say blue I say white. Becouse of some problems the doctor send me to do CT Head.The resoult show that I have meningioma. I never has a cheadache ,sizer,orv any symptoms for meningioma. Just after the accident I have cheadache and mixing the words. Can this be from car accident or now?
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 3 hours later
Brief Answer: May be because of the car accident Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. Meningioma is a slowgrowing benign tumor and is found in many healthy individuals when CT scan is done for some other reason. It is unlikely to cause sudden onset speech problems or other symptoms. May be these are due to trauma of the accident. It may be too subtle to be picked up by CT. A MRI may be able to pick it up. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor