Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Having sore throat. Feeling pain while eating. Salt water gargle doesn't help. Can crocin be taken?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
I am having sore throat. I am feeling some pain while having food. I did salt water gargle also but it seems it is not helping. That pain feeling is still there. Should a simple dose of Crocin be taken?
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Consult an Internist Detailed Answer: Hi friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic See an Internist… Get yourself examined… At times, basic investigation – like blood count and throat swab - may be necessary... It may be Allergic, viral or bacterial…. Streptococcal infection has to be excluded / it may appear simple initially – but if not treated properly, it may lead to long term consequences like Rheumatic Heart Disease or Acute Nephritis (Kidney). It is better to be safe than sorry.. so, see a doctor. Over The Counter (OTC) Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID) - like ibuprofen - will be useful in the meanwhile... Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor