Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Having sore and red bumps on bum. Painful when touched with water. Looking for cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2610 Questions
Hi I have a sore bum the to of the bum like when u see the bum crack just inside it stings and is red
It also stings when I put water on it
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It's important to keep in mind that he is in no way "dirty", gross, or "unclean",. I respect your bravery for posting this on his behalf. A lot of "bum" issues go unaddressed because of embarrassment or the fear of being thought of as a dirty person.
1) Sitz baths or a warm water bath (not hot), every evening and in the morning. Follow with air drying and your preferred choice from the treatments below.
2) use flushable diaper wipes, alcohol free, to clean after using the restroom. They can also be used to "freshen up" the sweat affected area.
3) you can try %1.0 hydrocortisone cream to reduce the redness and itching.
Alternatively, a mix of Desitin or A&D(for protection from moisture) and Nupercainal (pain relief) will work to both protect and numb his bum.
I also advice you to avoid eating spicy stuff as they can be responsible and if you have constipation issue that also be addressed.
I think you should be fine in day or two with the conservative approach but in case if symptoms persists i advice you to see surgeon for examination and to rule out anal fissure.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor