Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Having small tear under skin in the abdominal area. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 1031 Questions
it looks like I have a small tear UNDER my skin at the abdomen area. when I move the skin around it. it smeems to open and close, however there is no tear in the skin it's self
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be a hernia

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for consulting us.
The probable diagnosis which is coming to my mind after going through your history is any Hernia. This is more likely if it opens when intra-abdominal pressure is high e.g. at straining.
A hernia is a defect under the skin through which some of the inner body organs may protrude out, at times.
So, better visit a doctor, preferably a general surgeon for confirmation of diagnosis & treatment.
Hope I have given you some helpful suggestions.
Wish you good health.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having small tear under skin in the abdominal area. What can be done? 11 minutes later
there is no pain. I just so happen to notice that the small tear (about a quarter of an inch ... sorry, I don't know what that is in metric) seemed to open and close when I moved the skin around it. I wouldn't have even noticed it was there except I just so happened to notice that spot be chance. there is nothing protruding out like I thaught a hernia would. I cant get by a physician for a few weeks.
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is no emergency.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
As long as there is no pain & swelling associated with it there is no emergency!
Doctor's visit is required only for confirmation of diagnosis or reassurance if there is nothing abnormal. Naturally, nothing can protrude through such a small defect.
So, relax & don't take any tension. Just show it to a doctor, whenever, you get a chance.
Best regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor