Having small spots under skin after the treatment of louse infestation. Permanent cure?
Thanks for writing to us.
firstly I would like to let you know that body lice does not hatch or live underneath skin. Body lice lives in the clothes seams and attaches to body only while feeding. Sometimes even after disease has been treated, itching or hypersensitivity induced small red brown or black bumps persist. Now I would like to offer a treatment protocol that would treat you completely
1) wash all your clothes, undergarments, bed linens, towels in hot water and dry it in hot dryer. Also make it a point to iron the clothe seams using hot iron.
2) repeat permethrin application overnight and then bathe in morning
3) oral ivermectin is taken three times after a gap of a week ie 0 day, day 7 and day 14
4) take tablet cetirizine twice in a day to control itch.
5) after a single overnight permethrin application, start applying a mild steroid lotion twice daily to help resolve the skin bumps.
The treatment has been offered considering that may be you are still infested or the infestation has cleared but hypersensitivity induced lesions are persisting.
Follow these guidelines and let me know in a week whether you have improved or not.
If having any doubt, please write back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for Louse infestation
- Diagnosis of Louse infestation
- Treatment and cure for Louse infestation
- Treatment and cure for small skin disorder
- Louse infestation causes
- Symptoms of Louse infestation
- Treatment and cure for Small pupils
- Treatment and cure for Permanent deafness
- Treatment and cure for Small bullae
- Treatment and cure for Permanent anosmia