Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Having skin colored growth under eye which is getting bigger. Any suggestions?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
My son is 20 months old and has a skin colored growth under his eye which appeared aprox 1 year ago. Some days it looks larger than others. I was wondering what it is. I took him to the pediatrician and I was told that it might be molluscum, although this is the only lesion he has, and we should just watch it. It gets bigger and I'm afraid will affect his seight.
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Watch the growth. Be in follow up.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

I went through the picture attached along with this query. The picture is not clear but I am assuming there is a small skin colored papule just below the medial eye angle near to nose.

As the pediatrician examined and told it might be a lesion of molluscm, just wait and watch for increase in the size.

Molluscum lesions will present with skin colored growths with an umblicated center part and there will be a cheesy material present.

These lesions may resolve spontaneously mostly within 2 years and new lesions may appear because of spread to other parts because of scratching.

The treatment recommendation is simply waiting for the lesions to resolve spontaneously.

Usually there will be no harm to his sight unless it is enlarging so fast to obstruct his vision. In such instances it has to be removed by surgical or medical intervention.

Therefore I suggest you to observe the growth carefully as per the suggestion of the pediatrician and consult the doctor if there is any increase in size, discomfort or pain to the child, or the lesion extending into surrounding tissue.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor