Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Having skene's gland cyst. Does this change female testosterone levels?

Mar 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5970 Questions
A XXXXXXX s glad cyst does this change female testosterone levels. I have an appointmet in two monthys but i am in a lot of pain
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 47 minutes later
Thanks for your query
A skene's gland cyst does not affect female testosterone levels.
Please have a look by a doctor sooner as it could turn into an abscess if it is that painful.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having skene's gland cyst. Does this change female testosterone levels? 9 minutes later
this has been going on for 9 months but in thst time i have seen so many drs and only one has bsent me to a urologst the CT scan didnt show any thing wrong the gyno tought he felt something but cant get to see the urologst for 8 week have does this get picked up
does this cyst affect the kidneys at all
I am on anitbiotic what does this gland do how do thay fix it, i need some help
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 27 minutes later
Hi again XXXXXXX glands are located on the anterior wall of the vagina, around the lower end of the urethra. They drain into the urethra and near the urethral opening and may be near or a part of the G-Spot. These glands are surrounded with tissue (which includes the part of the clitoris) that reaches up inside the vagina and swells with blood during sexual arousal.

A large amount of lubricating fluid can be secreted from this gland when stimulated from inside the vagina.

A XXXXXXX duct cyst is a retention cyst that forms secondary to inflammatory obstruction of the XXXXXXX ducts . Infection could be a cause, though sometimes there is no obvious reason for the cyst . If unattended, the cyst can develop into an abscess.

The cyst is picked up by clinical examination ( by a doctor looking at it ) normally. It appears as round or oval masses that are located just near to the urethra . Due to the location, they maybe confused with Bartholin gland cyst or Urethral diverticulum ( a type of cyst in the urethra ).

That could be the reason you were referred to a Urologist. MRI / CT usually clarifies the diagnosis.

Normally, if infected, a trial of antibiotic therapy is given. If it fails, surgical removal has to be considered.

To answer your question, the XXXXXXX gland cyst does not affect the kidneys, but if it is a urethral diverticulum, then it might affect urinary excretion and hence the kidneys.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor