Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Having sinus problem. Lump on nose. Related?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 660 Questions
I have been having a lot of sinus problems recently. Yesterday,
I noticed a "bump" under the skin at the top of my nose
Going upwards on my forehead. It is maybe 1.5 inches long and painful.
Is it possible it is a sinus infection? I have a lot of severe headaches
That seem different than migraines
Posted Mon, 19 Nov 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 4 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Actually it is very uncommon to have a bump like your description at the top of your nose due to sinusitis. But it may occur as a complication of chronic sinusitis mainly in chronic maxillary sinusitis. If it is associated with itching then it also may be due to allergy.

I think you need to have detailed evaluation of your sinus problems. For that you should have a computed tomographic examination (CT scan) of the sinuses to look for specially mucosal thickening, air fluid level and polyps. If these are found especially polyps in a symptomatic sinusistis then probably it will be better to go for functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) to remove it. Because it may be the chronic source of infections. Chronic sinusitis can lead to loss of your asthma controlled. Your headache is again probably due to sinusitis.

Therefore immediately consult an ENT surgeon, get yourself locally examined and go for the investigations to get an early permanent relief.

If you have further queries you may write back to me. Kindly write a review on my answer.

Dr Arnab Maji
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor