Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Having shortness of breath, high pulse rate and low BP. What should be the treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 2190 Questions
My wife is 28 years old having short breath, high pulse rate(100+) and low BP (60/90). what will be the treatment?
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 2 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

The first step would be a proper evaluation to find out the cause of her symptoms. These symptoms could sometimes be indicative of a cardiac problem and hence, need to be taken seriously and investigated thoroughly. Further treatment will depend upon the diagnosis.

She will need a complete physical examination, including a cardiac examination (to look for any any heart murmurs, arrythmias, etc.). In addition, she will also need blood investigations like hemoglobin, complete blood profile (including an anaemia work-up), liver and kidney function tests, an ECG and a chest X-ray.

So, please take her to a hospital for a thorough evaluation.

Best wishes,
Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor