Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Having sharp constant chest pains, stomach ache and noticed blood in stool. What is causing this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5762 Questions
Rectenly i have been having sharp constant chest pains a bad belly ache and have been pooing blood. what can this be?
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Stomach ache and blood in stool is characteristic for peptic ulcer which is bleeding. Especially when the blood in stool is dark. The chest pain can be caused by this condition as well, however always when such pain appears heart condition should be checked at first as such symptoms can be also a symptom of heart attack.
That is why you should have at least ECG and blood work for heart muscle enzymes.
To check if you suffer from peptic ulcers endoscopy should be performed. Before endoscopy, abdominal ultrasound and fool blood work with liver and pancreas enzymes should be done. Usually this tests came negative when the only reason of your pains is peptic ulcer and the only one test that can tell what is wrong is endoscopy.
Peptic ulcer is more probable when you drink coffee or use some pain killers. Coffee should be eliminated as well as fatty food, soft drinks and orange juices. Peptic ulcer can be also associated with stress.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having sharp constant chest pains, stomach ache and noticed blood in stool. What is causing this? 23 hours later
Is there anything i can do to cure this at home with no medication?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

You can eliminate foods and drinks I have mentioned and wait till it will go away. But it is kind of risky. You can also try to drink cold water (it makes vessels spasm).
But again I suggest you to go to the doctor as it might be really serious.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor