Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Having severe to mild headache. What am I suffering from?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 37 Questions
Dear Doctor,

My wife, who is 26 years old, is having problem of headache. It happens around once in every two weeks and last for 2 to 3 days and it varies from severe to mild during that time.. It comes and goes by its own without any other symptoms. It happens on both sides at the corners of upper half of forehead. It is throbbing in nature. It is happening from last 2 year.

Please advice what type of problem is this and what should we do?

Posted Sat, 23 Mar 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 28 hours later
Can you provide some more details.
Are there some precipitating factors like sleep deprivation, fasting, sunlight, travel, perfumes etc. Is it associated with nausea and vomiting. Is it relieved by sleep or analgesics? Is it associated with redness in eyes, lacrimation? Does she prefers to stay in dark and quiet ie is there intolerance to light and noise during these spells?
Is she depressed? how's her mood, sleep.
It seems it is most likely one of the primary headaches. Most likely vascular headache or tension type headache.

The above details will help to classify rule out other causes and then plan about treatment.

Best wishes
Dr. Neeraj Baheti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having severe to mild headache. What am I suffering from? 1 hour later
Thanks Doctor XXXXXXX for your response,

There is abosuletely no other reason/symptoms like sleep disorder, fasting, sunlight, perfumes, red eyes, nausea, vomitting etc. Also she doesn't have any sort of tension or depression. Her mood and sleep is also good. She on average have 8 hours of sleep. Even during those spells, she remains calm and cool, it is just the head-ache which causes the panic.

Please let me know your advice.

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Baheti 10 hours later
No need to worry, it seems it is what we call as tension type headache. Just see your local neurologist/physician. He/She will start her on medications, do some basic tests and with that she should be fine.

Wishing good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor