Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Having severe pan n stomach and rib cage. Any treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 115 Questions
Hello, My name is XXXXXXX
I am 19 years old and for the past week I have been having major pain on the right lower side of my rib cage... The pain is so bad that I can barely walk. The first night i threw up a lot and for the past week I have been having major stomach pain only on the right lower side of my stomach. Everytime I poke that area it hurts a lot. I have a loss of appetite also.
Posted Thu, 22 Nov 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 2 hours later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
In your case would be very useful abdominal ultrasonography and/or X-ray, plus complete blood count, liver function test, urine analysis, plus physical exam to rule out any musculoskeletal causes, intercostal neuralgia where occurs similar signs and symptoms with pain alongside the ribs. All these tests will check your XXXXXXX organs-intestine, liver, gallbladder, etc. and definitely will clarify your condition. In meantime avoid excessive physical exercise, spicy, fatty food, assure adequate intake of fluids and vegetables.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery.
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.
Best Regards,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor