Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Having severe pain in abdomen. Ultrasound showed stone in gall bladder. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 52 Questions
My wife is having severe pain in abdomen for couple of times. We went for a ultrasound for complete abdomen and it seems that there is stone in gallbladder of size 6.7mm. Do we need to go for any surgery or it can be treated with medicine
If we go for surgery ,which is the best hospital for it at Hyderabad

Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Nitin Rao 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
see a surgical gastroenterologist

Detailed Answer:
If I were to be her treating doctor, I would suggest an endoscopy first. It is essential to rule out acid peptic disease before labeling gall stone as the cause of pain. If the pain is indeed due to gall stone, then it is an acute condition and she may benefit from surgery.

I believe global hospital is well known for laparoscopic surgery in Hyderabad. You can visit this centre for further evaluation. As described above, you can ask for surgical gastroenterologist there.

Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor