Having severe pain at the back of head. Taking tylenol. Looking for cure

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have severe pain at the left back of my head just above hairline. Extreme pain. The pain started about a month and was only periodic. It is now much worse and is a constant pain. Heat helps to relieve the pain along with tylenol.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 48 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.
The likely cause for your recurrent headache is occipital neuralgia. It is common in diabetics.

Consult your doctor for examination and tests. You may require a nerve block for relief.
Till then continue taking tylenol.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no further questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini