Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Having severe neck pain, back pain, muscle tightness and discomfort under arm. Any treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 711 Questions
I have had severe neck pain lately and a sore upper back with extreme muscle tightness
Now I'm having under arm discomfort, shoulder pain ( top) and some pain in my arm.
Now today on the left side of my neck behind my collar bone it puffy. The side of my neck hurts too.
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 35 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.I understand your concern.
You are having symptoms of cervical spondylopathy.
This pain is quite painful and unnerving.
Pain can be relieved by taking painkillers and muscle relaxants.
This should be supplemented by ice packs and rest.
If the pain is severe then physiotherapy should be done after consultation.
Please do not abruptly turn your head and do not lift heavy objects.
Consult a neurologist if the pain increases.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor