Having severe leg pain and unable to lift my leg. Being treated for Temporal arteritis and taking prednisone. Suggest the cure for pain

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am having severe leg pain. Can't lift my leg when lying in bed and am have extreme difficulty walking. I am being treated for Temporal arteritis and an currently in 10mg of prednisone. I have taken 500 mg of Acetomoniphin with no relief.
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to investigate for leg pain

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

There are many reasons of leg pain and inability to lift leg.
Due to spinal disc bulge there can be compression of nerve supplying your leg leading to pain and difficulty in walking. You may need to do MRI spine to see for nerve compression.
Due to compression of nerve there is leg pain with it.

For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started.
Till time, avoid lifting weights. You can consult physiotherapist for help.
Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief.
I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level.

Another differential can be leg muscle cramps.
Leg Muscle cramps are very common in females my advise for you
Take plenty of water, fluid intake will dilute toxins.
Physiotherapy with ultrasound and Tens will help you,
Take potassium XXXXXXX diet.
Hot and cold fomentation to leg

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.