Having severe itching problem on genitals resulting in black spots. Having pain due to scratching. What is the treatment?

Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist

Posted on Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: my husband has a very severe itching problem above his and on genital parts. Due to which he got black spots above the thigh corner and on testies. the pain due to scratching on that place is becoming unbare able for him. we have used itch guard & tebina for this but still no response. please suggest us the treatment or medicines on this.
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tinea cruris and intertrigo may be there.

Detailed Answer:

Your husband seems to have tinea cruris with intertrigo. Tinea cruris is due to dermatophytes and intertrigo is due to Candida albicans. Both are fungal infection. And on scrotum, itching may be due to irritation or allergy.

Blood test may be done to rule out DM,HIV and XXXXXXX disease.

Give him antifungal like ketoconazole or itraconazole for 2 to 3 weeks. And. Give him anti histaminics like levocetirizine till, itch is relieved. Apply anti fungal cream like clotrimazole or miconazole on thighs and crural areatwice a day. On scrotal skin combined cream of antifungal and mild steroid like eumosone M may applied.

As there is main, secondary infection may be there,he should take antibiotics for short period.

Keep the area dry. Tell him to sprinkle anti fungal powder after bath in affected area. Avoid soap bath. He may use dettol liquid for bath. Underware and trouser may be washed in hot water.

I think, he may be alright. You may consult nearby dermatologist.

I hope you got my answer. Still, any query, you may ask.

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 40 minutes later
Is this dangerous? can u tell me the name of good anti fungal powder?
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tinea cruris & intertrigo are fungal diseases.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back.

Do not worry, your husband might be alright if you will follow above advice. And take treatment under supervision of nearby dermatologist. The disease is not XXXXXXX or serious,it can be cured with proper treatment.

There are so many brands of antifungal powders containing clotrimazole or fluconazole .. In India , Abzorb dusting powder, candid powder, flucos powder and other are prescribed by dermatologist.

I hope you got my answer.

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D