Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Having severe intention tremors in legs, cramps and low appetite. Any idea?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Neonatology
Practicing since : 1970
Answered : 891 Questions
my son was recently in the hospital for about 3 weeks. He went through alot of imaging tests cts mri x XXXXXXX ultrasound blood work. he was having severe intention tremors in his legs and his arm would tremor. his ring finger on his right had also twitches non stop. He went through a period where it was so severe he was having convulsions accompanied by severe chest pain and tachycardia. he could control where he was placing his feet when he walked. he had his head imaged but they never used the contrast XXXXXXX and they never checked his spine either at all. he has been popping up with all kinds of brown freckle type spots everywhere and he also has muscle wasting in his lower back. he has leg cramps most of the time a low appetite. he has lost 40 lbs in the last 2 months. the part where his muscle is wasting on the right side of his lower back there is a couple of knots and if i push on them his eyes will flutter rapidly and his legs wil tremor and he says it makes him feel strange. he has seen many doctors and we have no answers and they have all refused to image his spine. Any ideas?
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 5 hours later
Hi,welcome to HCM!
Since you say intention tremor,convulsions,etc, the anatomical localisation is brain and ESP cerebellum.
That is why thy did not do spine work up.
Contrast is always not necessary but thy do it for MRA to assess the blood supply and look for vascular insuficuency.

Wonder what the blood gets revealed.

Is he being seen by a good pediatric or even adult neurologist in a good university hospital,I am sure they will arrive at a diagnosis soon.
What about drugs or heavy metal poisonings?
EEG must have been done.

Have a XXXXXXX discussion with the treating doctor.
God bless
Dr Uma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor