Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Having severe headaches and pain above eyebrow. Could it be migraine problem?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1974
Answered : 125 Questions
I have been having severe headaches lately that begin with a feeling similar to inhaling Vick's in my nose but has more of a metallic smell. I also have pain above the right eyebrow that feels like a bruise to the touch. I also have mastoiditis or at least that is what a CT showed last year. No Dr has suggested a treatment for it though. During the headaches I have visual this just a migraine or something more troublesome?
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 5 hours later

As per the history you have symptoms suggestive of migraine. Your doctor will evaluate you for the same. If these symptoms are very frequent, or they are intolerable, he will advise you medicines which prevent migraine. In addition, for acute attack, a suitable pain relieving medicine will be given. During investigations, an EEG (Electroencephalogram) may also be considered by your doctor.

Finding of mastoiditis on CT is a frequent observation and as such does not require any treatment or investigation.

Do write back for follow up queries that you may have.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having severe headaches and pain above eyebrow. Could it be migraine problem? 18 hours later
I have had constant drainage from both ears but primarily the right (same side the CT report named)...could all of this be related? It is a clear watery type of drainage that dries up and blocks my hearing. I have to remove it several times a day. Any advice would be appreciated
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 2 days later

I apologize for the delayed response.

Your ENT complaint is not related directly to headache and it should be dealt separately.

The constant discharge from the ear suggests ear pathology and can be treated by an ENT surgeon. You should consult a competent ENT surgeon for careful examination and investigations.

Hope this answers your query. Write back for further assistance.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor