Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Having severe digestion problem. Undergone gall stone surgery and gall bladder was removed. On night shift job. Suggest healthy diet?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
Hello doctor ,
Can you please help me in curing my severe digestion problem. Five years back i undergone a gall stone surgery, my gall bladder was removed. Now due to my night shift job i face digestion and severe gastric problems. I am unable to intake any type of food although im hungry. Can you please suggest me healthy food and regular diet.
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regular food timings, High fiber diet.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

Indigestion could be related to faulty food timings and lack of roughage/fibers which are essential for good digestion.

I suggest you to take food at regular intervals and also increase the fiber content in the food by adding foods like XXXXXXX papaya, green leafy veg, raw carrot or cucumber after food etc.

Also you can take fiber supplement like ISOBGOL. Take one spoon of ISOBGOL powder in a tumbler of milk or water in the night.

Hope, I answered your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor