Having severe charley horses on leg and noticed bruise on upper thigh. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: good morning, im 42 and ive been having severe charley horses on right leg for over a month, now i noticed a huge bruise in my upper thigh area. should i be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your symptoms do not suggest any serious disease, and there is no need to worry.

You may get the following blood work done (if not done already)- serum vitamin B12 and Vitamin D levels, thyroid profile, calcium level, sodium level, complete blood count.

It is most often due to calcium or vitamin deficiencies.

I hope it helps. lease get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist