Having severe back pain while siting or standing. What cure should be done?

Dr. Vineet Saggar

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have been feeling pain at right side of lower back for last 2 months.
Sometimes pain is very acute.
no problem in standing and walking.
pain is severe when sit or move body
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 11 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,

Localized back pain which is non radiating to lower limbs could be due to disc degeneration or an angular tear in annulus fibrosis which covers disc ideally.

It should resolve with analgesics, if not, then you would require x-ray and MRI of involved area.

Hope I have answered your query. Please do write back if you have follow up queries to ask.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E