Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Having severe back pain while siting or standing. What cure should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Neurologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 173 Questions
I have been feeling pain at right side of lower back for last 2 months.
Sometimes pain is very acute.
no problem in standing and walking.
pain is severe when sit or move body
Fri, 4 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 11 hours later

Localized back pain which is non radiating to lower limbs could be due to disc degeneration or an angular tear in annulus fibrosis which covers disc ideally.

It should resolve with analgesics, if not, then you would require x-ray and MRI of involved area.

Hope I have answered your query. Please do write back if you have follow up queries to ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor