Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Having running nose. Tried allopathy and homeopathy. No use. Help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2572 Questions
Hello doctor, my 3 year old daughter is having flowing nose for the past 1 month. I have tried alopathy n homeoathy also. But it is not helping much.

Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Visit a ENT specialist...

Detailed Answer:

Persistently congested nose is generally due to allergic causes. Occasionally a pre-existing nasal conditions can contribute to her symptoms. I understand you have tried various medication; but without identifying the cause medical therapy is only going to be a temporary solution.

Since most children outgrow this problem; if I were to be your treating doctor I would suggest you to keep her warm and protected against seasonal changes, dust and common house hold allergens. Consult an ENT specialist to identify if there are other pre-existing nasal condition. He/she can also prescribe you antihistamine nasal spray which can benefit her.

In brief, this is going to be little difficult to manage. However with patience, good precautions and help of specialist, she will outgrow her problem.

Hope this helps. Write back for clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor