Having right side abdomen pain. What are the chances of appendicitis?

Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I have very light pain in my lower right side of the abdomen, just above the waist bone. The pain increases whenever I cough. Also whenever I do any cardio workouts in the Gym such as running on the treadmill , i feel some pain in my abdomen. Do i need to worry about this? What are the chances of appendicitis ? Or is there any other complication?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 28 hours later
Brief Answer: Less likely to be appendicitis, if no other sympto Detailed Answer: Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear XXXXX, If the pain has been present for quite more than couple of days and there are no associated symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and fever then it's unlikely to be appendicitis. You have just mentioned about pain as your complaint, duration not being mentioned. If you are having no other complaint especially loss of appetite then the portability of it being appendicitis is remote. If the pain still persists, I suggest you to see your Surgeon . Diagnosis of appendicitis is based on good clinical examination of the patient. I hope it helped. Wishing you a happy and healthy life. Take care Regards Dr Deepak Kishore Consultant Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D