Having restless leg syndrome and genetic marker. Taking Benicar HCT for high blood pressure. Will benicar worsen RLS?
If i could drop around 30 pounds i am wondering if my blood pressure wouid decrease enough so I can stop taking Benicar. Do you think Benicar is making my RLS worse?1
I wouid like to get off Benicar when I drop the weight in the hopes that my RLS diminishes.
I am sorry to hear about this RLS and all the recent worsening of symptoms that you have.
Because you can clearly spot that all got worse when you started Benicar HCT, it would be a wise idea to stop this drug and try a different anti hypertensive. There are so many drugs for hypertension that a client can always be switched around to find what he or she feels most comfortable with. There is no need waiting any longer. If you get off and it doesn't make a difference, then you would understand what the main problem is.
There is no documented link between this drug and RLS but it shouldn't delay your doctor from trying a new drug and putting a hold on this one. Everything has not yet been documented on drugs and thus cannot be used as a justification to make you stay on this drug.
Loosing weight is a great idea. This will help in both your sleep apnoea, hypertension and will increase your over all quality of life. But, it is a long term process and we are not exactly sure that this will mean you no longer need drugs to stabilise your blood pressure and I will not be waiting until then before making the change.
Hope this helps. Wish you well and hope the information above is useful and helps you. Feel free to ask follow up related questions if need be.
Dr. Ditah, MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hashimotos restless legs syndrome
- Restless leg syndrome clitoris
- Valium for restless leg syndrome
- Restless leg syndrome in hypoparathyroidism
- When to take benicar hct
- Physiotherapy for restless leg syndrome
- Can i take larodopa for restless legs syndrome?
- Herpetiformis with restless leg syndrome
- Hyperkalemia restless leg syndrome
- Postpartum restless leg syndrome
- Feel constipated. Noticed white thread like strings in stools. Have...
- Having trouble focusing, completing tasks, and remembering things. Tried...
- Had attached fitness score report. What are the findings?
- Have raised platelet. Prescribed thyroxine for under active thyroid....
- Hba1c-5.2, Fasting blood sugar test-70 and Mean Glucose EBT-103....
- Foreskin is attached to penis through strip of skin, pain when move...
- Getting throbbing pain in arm moving down to elbow and wrist. Had no...
- Have swollen gums. Had endonitis work on root canal. Is this due to...
- Have swollen lymph in jaw. Prescribed zithromax. Is that enough?
- On trivolib, jauvia and Diamicronmr. Fasting sugar 180 to 230. How to...